Re: Audience Gets More Inclined to Linux

  • Subject: Re: Audience Gets More Inclined to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:02:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 25 May 2006 22:31 \__

> On Thursday 25 May 2006 20:03 Rex Ballard wrote:
>
>> Seems like something is missing.
>>
>> Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.0 has been around for quite a
>> while.  They just recently released 10.1.  Is this 10.2?
>>
>> Oh, that's right, it's Microsoft that sells products that don't exist
>> but will  be out "real soon now".
>>
>> Novell is just pitching a product that you can buy, right now, right
>> there, via the web, or from the local retailer.
>>
>> What a concept!
>
> Heh:-)
>
> My understanding is that they are on SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 9 at the
> moment, with 10 due this Summer?:-)

Yes, that's the Enterprise Edition that will include the stuff they have been
demo'ing publicly, XGL included. SuSE (SUSE to Novell) 10.1 and the Open
SuSE community get ahead in line, just hopping the queue of those who
actually pay. Novell love us.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  1:00pm  up 28 days 19:32,  8 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.57, 0.56