[News] Windows Zombies (and SPAM) Step Up a Notch

What's with all this spam?

,----[ Quote ]
| At North Shore-LIJ Heath System, a network of hospitals based in
| Great Neck, N.Y., with about 12,000 e-mail users, there's been an
| 80% increase in spam received in the last 45 days, says system
| architect Steve Young, and most of it is image spam.
|
| "We got slammed with a 50% increase [in spam] in one day. For the
| past year-and-a-half none of my users ever got a spam message; in
| that first 48 hours [of image-spam blasts] there were 500 calls
| and over 1,000 complaints from users," he says.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/110806-image-spam.html

Help the world get rid of SPAM. Reduce the number of mail servers and mailbox
clutter. Upgrade to Linux.

Recently:

Increased spam levels connected with aggressive botnet activities

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=4359