Re: [News] Gates Argues Population Unfit for IT?

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 10 November 2006 07:20 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Not quite so, but one can't help thinking about Gates' crocodile tears
>>> over the supposedly-declining computer science education in the States
>>> (excuse for offshoring).
>>>
>>> Gates Urges More 'IT' Fitness
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061106/germany_bill_gates.html?.v=1
>>>
>>> Training (fitness) for Windows can be overwhelming. Give them Linux and
>>> they will no longer bother to learn which E-mails are safe to open, how to
>>> purge thousands of SPAM (Windows zombies residue) efficiently, which sites
>>> are 'trusted', how the Registry can be cleaned, how to use defrag or
>>> anti-virus software, and where to obtain software (no repositories)...
>>
>> How to reinstall the operating system, how to reinstall the
>> applications, when to reboot the machine, how good the external firewall
>> needs to be...
>
> Seen the following very recently:
>
> http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6133838.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Two days to discuss what, I wonder?  The typical approach was to blame
the users for being incompetent in so many ways, opening the wrong
emails, opening the wrong kinds of attachments, visiting the wrong
websites, etc.

Presumably the SDL provides a new, innovative, way of blaming the user?

Joe's sister puts spaghetti in her shoes!