[News] Analyst Upgrades Big Blue

Microsoft's biggest rival, according to Gates...

S&P Ups IBM to Strong Buy

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the next 12 months, we believe IBM should benefit from its leading
market share position in several IT categories. Moreover, we think the
company's continuing focus on the software arena is likely to further aid
margin expansion.
`----

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/investor/content/nov2006/pi20061107_832583.htm

Related and recent:

IBM profit rises 47%; sales up 5% to $22.6 billion

,----[ Quote ]
| International Business Machines Corp. reported late Thursday
| that third-quarter profit rose 47% from a year ago, when it
| had a significant tax-related charge, as the technology
| giant's sales rose slightly on gains in its key global
| services division.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B6782D684%2D7987%2D4A42%2D9BB8%2DC68712261DA5%7D&source=blq%2Fyhoo&dist=yhoo&siteid=yhoo

Is IBM open source's little friend?