[News] Net-Security Warns of SPAM Surge Due to Windows Botnets

Increased spam levels connected with aggressive botnet activities

,----[ Quote ]
| MessageLabs announced the results of its MessageLabs Intelligence
| Report for October 2006. In this report, MessageLabs highlights the
| sudden increase in spam levels as spammers gear up to the holiday
| season, attributed to a huge rise in recent botnet activities and the
| latest outbreak of the Warezov virus, responsible for dropping an
| aggressive spam Trojan.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=4359

Earlier topday I read that 117 billion E-mails are being sent per day. That
would be hundreds per day per computer user.