Re: Spam makes a comeback

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Sunday 05 November 2006 17:40 \__

> http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/80508
>
> Windows should be banned from the internet

Amen.

Windows spewage clogged up my domain last night. It kept me up. It's now
gauging at over 10,000 spam a week, but I know someone from the search
engine newsgroup whose domain attracts over a million per month. Her Web
host is hopeless. Why should she take the blame for Windows?

Fortunately, I suspect we are getting close to the day when governments
intevenes.

Perspective:  Microsoft security--no more second chances?

,----[ Excerpt ]
| CNET News.com's Charles Cooper says the software maker is running out
| of excuses for a history of poor security.

| As if Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff didn't have enough on
| his plate.
|
| Not only has he had to deal with Katrina and Osama. Now he's also got to
| whip Steve Ballmer and the crew at Microsoft into shape. If past is
| prologue, that last task may be the most daunting of all.
`----

http://news.com.com/2010-1002_3-6104512.html?part=rss&tag=6104512&subj=news

The governments are are only chance.