Re: [News] Those Who Support and Those Condemn Novell

Ian wrote:

> ed wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:03:19 +0000
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20061104/tc_cmp/193501752
>>
>> the more i read, the more i hate suse for accepting all this shite. its
>> not really a surprise though, they need a new name for the shit that sco
>> did.
>>

> Welcome to the business world.

Actually, RMS now makes more sense with GPL3.
You can't ship products incorporating DRM if the software
is used for such a purpose.
Thus, in this 'partnership' micoshaft could become
automatically a violator if certain software were to
find themselves released in GPL3 type of license (when it comes out).

I may not have said that totally correctly, but the gist
is as follows...

If commercial entities begin to 'circumvent' GPL by
adding dopey circumvention software and methodologies,
(which they will do with this patent protection racket
that micoshaft is positioning to exploit)
then its only appropriate maintainers of open source
software have the right to switch new releases to
more exacting openness requirements (contained in a crafty
new GPL3 license) that hits back right smack back to
the core of micoshaft's methodology of patent protection
rackets that will destroy them forever.
They will then be forced to open up 100% or not distribute
at all.