[News] Microsoft Searches for New Identity

Live.com currently says:

"Get ready for a new dimension in search...November 7th"

Another one of those void promises that search results will improve? Like
Ballmer's annual promise to "kill Google" with a rebranded and overhauled
search engine?

Also today:

Why Did Microsoft Decimate Search in Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| Until RC2, one of the best features of Vista was its speedy,
| exceedingly powerful Search features. But with RC2, Microsoft
| essentially threw Search under the train, making some of the most
| bizarre user interface decisions imaginable. Why did Microsoft decide
| to decimate the great Search tool?
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2006/11/why_did_microsoft_decimate_sea.html

Mentioned before:

Google, Ask Gain Search Share; Yahoo, Microsoft Lose Ground

,----[ Quote ]
| Thursday afternoon reported that Google increased its share of
| U.S. search queries in September to 45.1%, up from 44.1% in
| August and 43.7% in July.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061020/18896_id.html?.v=1

Desktop search is rotten in Vista