Re: I need Webmail HELP!!

begin  oe_protect.scr
ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:13:08 +0000
>
>> __/ [ ed ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 17:54 \__

>> >to > > a different webmail for our users.  A more "pretty" eye
>> >pleasing > > websoftware.  Our users log into squirrelmail through
>> >the internet. > > They are complaining that it does not look like
>> >Outlook or > > Thunderbird. Does anyone have any suggestions
>> >regarding a suitable > > upgrade?  Thanks!

>> > horde dont look shopped.
>>
>> I'm not sure that it can be referred to as /The/ Horde. I might be
>> wrong here, but then again I have been using it since it was called
>> IMS (Internet Messaging System, IIRC) and then evolved.
>>
>> This actually reminds me of Mr. Bush saying "The Google" or "The
>> Internets". Funny presedent... now, if only he hadn't had that much
>
> putting 'the' in front of it makes it more of a noun. since /to/ horde
> is a verb, it's just something that happens. i know what you're saying,
> horde is more of a platform/framework.

English usage isn't normally like that, though.  Proper nouns do not get
a "The" in front of them.  You don't normally say "The London" or "The
England" or "The IBM", unless you're using the proper noun as an
adjective, such as "The London Eye", or perhaps "The Google Toolbar".

It's more about normal english usage than about anything technical.
It's not one of Bush's strong points.

>> power and authority. No wonder Schmidt asked the IT-savvy public to
>> educate politician and retain Net neutrality, among other things where
>> pressure groups, brainwash and lobbying can defeat logic.
>
> it's not a dump trunk. it's more a series of pipes.

hehe.

Save gas, don't eat beans.