Re: [News] Op/Ed: Computers... from the Eye of a Windows User

begin  oe_protect.scr
Stephen Fairchild <somebody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The psychology of a Windows user
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It was then that I told him that my theory was that Windows was an
>> | operating system that was for people that have nothing better to
>> | do than constantly fix problems and remove spyware. Windows is a
>> | time burner that doesn't really allow you to get any real work
>> | done. It was his reply here that stopped me and got me thinking.
>> | He said "you don't understand, I like to tinker with my computer".
>> `----
>>
> I wonder if he would go and get himself a dog just so he could de-flea it.
> Forget the fun of taking it for a walk in the park or teaching it new
> tricks.

I've come across this phenomenon before.  It's a kind of person who
wants to be some kind of expert, /but/, really, just wants to repeat the
same "fix" over and over.  They don't want something which "just works",
they want something which breaks in a predictable fashion, so that they
can be smart enough to fix it without having to learn anything new.

To be frank, Windows is pretty much perfect for such people.

Save gas, don't eat beans.