Re: [News] Speculation: Microsoft Will Sell Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Speculation: Microsoft Will Sell Linux
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:34:36 +0000
  • Googlegroups: Anyone posting from googlegroups is killfiled.
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:03:52 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft will probably start selling/distributing linux soon

A couple of things about all this M$/Novell "agreement".

1] On a dual boot machine, will M$ now make it's windows OS detect
   *other* OS (linux etc) *&* install a boot loader, just as GRUB or LiLo
   does in GNU/linux? Or will is still persist in thinking it's the *only*
   OS on the machine?

2] On a dual boot machine, will Windows now be made to access *any* other
   OS (linux etc) from it's desktop, just like you can access Windows from
   a GNU/Linux desktop?

If it won't do this, then IMHO M$ aren't serious about integration with
linux.

--
"I didn't know what I was signing -
they held an enormous cheque over my eyes."