[News] Gates: Quick! The Internet Buuble!! It's Back!!!

"The Internet? We are not interested in it" -- Bill Gates, 1993

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Bill_Gates

Today:

Gates: Internet Bubble Is Back

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're back kind of in Internet-bubble era in terms of people
| thinking: 'O.K., traffic. We want traffic. We want traffic,'"
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said. "There are still some areas
| where it is unclear what's going to come out of that."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/OXeSW60uKg5mvA/Gates-Internet-Bubble-Is-Back.xhtml

Sour grapes, of course.

Ozzie: Vista, Office must adapt to Web era

,----[ Quote ]
| Ozzie said that the transition to integrate online services into Microsoft
| products has been a challenge but that changes within the company are
| happening.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6133895.html

Also today:

Gates heralds the next revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| 'I'm just sitting here, pulling up the information, showing
| it to people, and there's no paperwork, there's no old information,'
| enthused Gates.
`----

Other glorious predictions from the indisputable oracle:

TV will be shut in 10 years, says Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]
| Television as we know it today will become obsolete in the
| next 10 years, said Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
`----

http://bink.nu/Article8798.bink

The End of Auto Accidents?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://internetbusinessdaily.net/?p=29

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060316/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_gates

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060316/tc_nm/microsoft_gates_dc

,----[ Quote ]
| Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates on Wednesday mocked a
| $100 laptop computer for developing countries being developed with the
| backing of rival Google Inc. at the Massachusetts Institute of
| Technology.
`----

Here are some from [H]omer:

,----[ Quote ]