Re: Diebold voting machines even more vulnerable to hacks ..

  • Subject: Re: Diebold voting machines even more vulnerable to hacks ..
  • From: yttrx@xxxxxxxxx (yttrx)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:20:54 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> __/ [ doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 12 November 2006 18:26 \__
>
>> Recently, computer security expert Harri Hursti revealed serious
>> security vulnerabilities in Diebold's software. According to Michael
>> Shamos, a computer scientist and voting system examiner in
>> Pennsylvania, "It's the most severe security flaw ever discovered in a
>> voting system."
>>
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q3C72357D
>>
> http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_david_di_060723_the_diebold_bombshel.htm
>
> All Diebold machines can be hijacked at the moment (and could last week).
> There are two "extremely critical" vulnerabilities in Windows and exploits
> already exist. No patches until next Tuesday. The same applies to Windows
> servers which store your personal (e.g. financial) details.
>
> Diebold machines were reported to not only have programming bugs, but also
> BSoD's.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Also, diebold machines do *not* and I repeat *not* have any sort of recent
Microsoft patch set installed.  NONE of them do, and they require a diebold
certified engineer (you know, a guy with a cylendar key that you can open
up a gumball machine with) to install ANY updates, since diebold won't let
anyone else into their machines.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net