Re: [News] Novell's Mistake Angers Sun Microsystems

On 2006-11-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Novell, Microsoft Bury One Hatchet But Sun, Novell Sharpen Another
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| One of the emerging side notes to the Microsoft-Novell deal on patents
>| and Linux cooperation is the degree to which one rivalry has been muted
>| (Novell and Microsoft) and another (between Novell and Sun Microsystems)
>| is heating up.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Many eyes will be watching what becomes of the Novell-Microsoft deal.
>| But, with Sun now approaching its software business as a stand-alone
>| operating unit focusing on much the same part of the market as Novell,
>| that rivalry will likely make news, too.
> `----
>
> http://www.crn.com/sections/software/software.jhtml?articleId=193700736
>
> The opensuse mailing lists were migrated to the domain suse.com a couple of
> days ago (I had to rewrite filters). Don't know if this provides any clues
> because, on port 25 at least, this currently redirects to novell.com.

No doubt there will be a reaction to MS entering into Linux held
territory, but I dont see MS being able to mount any sort of effective
attack on MS->Linux migration. They will try though.

http://blog.websterscafe.com/index.php?/archives/23-Microsoft-And-Novell,-More-Hype-Than-Support..html

--
<lilo> I've always wanted to have a web site with a big picture of a carrot on it

http://www.websterscafe.com