Re: [News] Supreme Court Concerned About Patents, Soon to Make Amendments?

begin  oe_protect.scr
> The development is that a concern was raised, not just an hearing has been
> arranged.
>
> High Court Skeptical of Patent Standards
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Supreme Court justices expressed skepticism Tuesday about the current
>| legal standard for granting patents and signaled a willingness tom
>| ake patents harder to obtain.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061128/scotus_patent_case.html?.v=1

They've only just noticed?  How many thousands of patents have been
granted in the US for the most trivial junk?  This could take a decade
just to do them all again.

> Supreme Court weighs 'obviousness' of patents
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| U.S. Supreme Court justices on Tuesday appeared to take issue with
>| the current legal standard for granting patents, which many
>| high-tech firms claim is ineffective at weeding out inventions
>| that should be obvious.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6138969.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

QOTD:
	How can I miss you if you won't go away?