Re: Professional Flight Simulator Supports Linux

  • Subject: Re: Professional Flight Simulator Supports Linux
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 28 Nov 2006 08:54:57 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Quantum Leaper wrote:
> > GL Studio Puts Simulators On The Desktop
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | DiSTI's GL Studio package lets the instructional designer integrate
> > | photo-realistic objects into their simulations that react just like the
> > | real parts. The parts influence the performance of the systems and can
> > | accurately behave according to the laws of nature. Unscrew an
> > | important connector from a simulated jet engine and it will stop
> > | running.
> > `----
> >
> > http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6333/1/
> >
> > It runs on Linux, which addresses that out-of-date "no games" argument.
>
> Its not a game but a object oriented rapid virtual prototyping tool.  You
> could make a game from it,  if you wanted.

It looks like you can use this to create games, but there are much more
serious and heavy-duty uses for this too such as full blown flight
simulators for pilots.

The article does have a link to DiSTI that shows this quite well.
Interestingly enough, EVERY ONE of the product screen-shots shows the
product running on Windows.

http://www.simulation.com/products/glstudio/designer/features_newgls32.html