Re: Linux Adoption in France

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A few days ago:
>
> French National Assembly switches to Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Linux, OpenOffice and Firefox favoured
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| One deputy in favour of the move is Bernard Carayon,
>| commissioned by the Prime Minister earlier this year to
>| report on how European businesses could play a greater
>| role in developing global industrial standards, in order
>| to reduce Europe's economic dependance on other regions.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=7687

This is something that felt would be coming, and it did.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

CIA World Fact Book:

European Union ?
GDP (purchasing power parity): $12.18 trillion (2005 est.)

United States ?
GDP (purchasing power parity): $12.31 trillion (2005 est.)

European Union IMO wants to compete and establish independence
from other world markets.  Its economic power at least from what
the CIA states is equivalent in buying power to the US.  I have
a feeling that Europe will become the Open Source driver.

--
HPT