Re: [News] United Kingdom's Move Toward Free Software in Education, Needs Your Help

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 26 November 2006 14:28 \__

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2006/11/osc_joins_criti.html

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=18464D7D-7AAB-4F0D-A09A-18D2E9ED4F5F

> Did it on Friday! :-)

I asked PJ to urge her readers to do it as well. Let's see if that works.

I am still stunned that places where people should acquire (preferable
generic) skills are taught to depend on multi-billion monopolies. Be sure to
see the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssX4RL24HT4

I posted that only to show the gross hypocrisy. It's amusing (in a sick sort
of way). There we see this inarticulate prick, who acquires and eliminates
his rivals, actually criticising Microsoft (albeit justifiably). It's like
even the likes of Gates should sooner or later become self-hating
individuals because they are disgusted by what they are, whether they are
willing to admit it or not. Most recent, with Linux, Ellison burned the
bridge he once walked on (Red Hat) and Microsoft continued its totalitarian
regime where it sabotages everything that even remotely resembles
competition. Now they build some walls to surround themselves with. DRM and
patents are among the means that they have.If rewriting the laws is a
prerequisite, then be sure they'll find some politicians to bribe.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)