Re: [News] Windows Live Mail Reviewed

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:iafm34-7vs.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
begin  oe_protect.scr
Ian Semmel <anyoneNOJUNK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

news:1540610.dIPs349fxV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why I hate the new Windows Live Mail

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is currently in Beta on Windows Live Mail. Personally I think
| it is a steaming pile of garbage. The 'new and improved' email is
| nothing more than a fancier interface and more color options.
|
| [...]
|
| If you have not upgraded from standard I suggest you DO NOT. This is
| a typical product from Microsoft even though it is in beta. I think
| it should still be in alpha testing personally because at times I cannot
| even access my email which is most annoying when there might be
| time-sensitive documents in it. If you depend on your hotmail account
| for important emails I suggest looking into another option, like Gmail
| or even Yahoo. There are ZERO improvements in this deal and there is

If whoever wrote this quote is using a beta program for his/her live email,
you can pretty well discount any opinions on the program as he/she is an
idiot.

You're absolutely correct - using Microsoft software before it's at least 4-5 years old is very very foolish. You really should wait until they've released 2 or three major updates before it's likely to have the biggest bugs, problems and security holes removed. Anyone using the new stuff is, to quote you "an idiot". How long before Vista is on SP4, so that it might work?

I don't know. Don't linux distributors update their systems ?

Penalty for private use.