re: failed NHS project cost $12 billion ..

  • Subject: re: failed NHS project cost $12 billion ..
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:40:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It was on or about Tue, 14th Nov 2006 23:15:21 +0000, that Roy Schestowitz
posted:

<snip>
Your tax money, your life, Redmond's stash of gold.

Further to this, NHS/M$ clusterfuck, tucked away on the BBC News website
(are the BBC frightened of upsetting M$?), is this:

"GPs threaten to snub NHS database"
Half of all GPs will consider refusing to put patient records
automatically on to a new national database in defiance of the government,
a survey finds.
[==]
......GPs and hospital doctors found many doubted the security of the new
system.
[==]
More than 60% said they feared the system would be vulnerable to hackers
and unauthorised access by public officials from outside the NHS and
social care.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6167924.stm

Thank goodness *some* of them know just how insecure M$ is. I'm going to
lobby my doc about this. I do not want my info putting on a POS like that.
Furthermore, *once it's on, it CANNOT be removed!*

--
After god created the
troll, he created the amoeba.