[News] Flash 9 for Linux Hits Beta 2

Beta II: The Audio Fix

,----[ Quote ]
| We are eager for users to test this version and see if the myriad
| sound problems have cleared up.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/11/beta_ii_the_audio_fix.html

Related:

Microsoft wants to control a format such as Flash and steal Adobe's power.

Where's Microsoft's 'Flash killer'?

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone out there still remember Windows Presentation Foundation
| Everywhere (WPF/e), Microsoft's so-called Flash killer?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=98

GNU's effort to impose a Free Open Source nature is coming along nicely
(think x/kpdf).

Gnash second alpha, with version number 0.7.2, is out!

,----[ Quote ]
| Gnash is a GNU Flash movie player. Till now it has only been possible
| to play flash movies with proprietary software. While there are a few
| other free flash players, none supports anything higher than SWF v4 at
| best. Gnash is based on GameSWF, and supports many SWF v7 features.
`----

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/0.7.2/