Re: Google Book Search generates sales

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Monday 09 October 2006 22:45 \__

http://today.reuters.com/misc/PrinterFriendlyPopup.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-10-06T125540Z_01_L06708070_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-GOOGLE-BOOKS.xml

>>> I think that, not surprisingly, this represents just one side of the
>>> story. Playing devil's advocate here...
>>
>>Whose sales are going up, here?
>>
>>I do NOT think that sales at local bookstores are going up any.
>>
>>Now you do NOT have to go to a local bookstore in order to view
>>content.  If you can wait five days, you can get any book through the
>>US mail at the normal postage rate, as express shipping is not
>>necessary.
>>
>>Say goodbye to your local bookstore. :(
>
> My local bookstore sells books it gets from the internet. It does
> well.

It's probably a dying breed. I personally favour online (digital) content
that easy to search, save, share, and organise.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Open syntax, Open API's, OpenSuSE
Tasks: 121 total,   2 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie