Re: Nintendo Raises Forecast, Fuelled by DS and Linux-based Wii Prospects

Larry Qualig wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Gamers Say Microsoft Understates Xbox Problems
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "30-50 percent of them (Xbox 360's) have failed."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/xbox_gamers02.html
>

> Games can think whatever they want but the true numbers/facts are in
> the SEC filings for which MS is legally held liable for their accuracy.
>
> Page 28 of of their annual reports states that MS sold approximately
> 5-million XBox360 gaming consoles. On page 65 they state their warranty
> and guarantee liabilities. According to signed and audited SEC filings,
> "Our total warranty accrual totals $10 million as of June 30, 2006."
>
> So if they sold 5-million XBox units and total warranty costs were $10
> million it's impossible for the failure rate to be as high as 30-50%.
> But then again, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

It makes one wonder.... just how many they actually sold and what the actual
cost of manufacture is. Without knowing all the facts, it's pretty much
like pissing in the wind.

The facts as I know them, my son's buddies that own xbox360's are indeed
having problems with the consoles. Not all of them, but the ones that
aren't right are basically junk.

For what it's worth, we're waiting for the PS3 on the hopes it'll be usable
as a computer in addition to being a premier game console.

--

Jerry McBride