[News] Openness and Interoperability Not for Proprietary Zealots?

Interview: Microsoft, Apple eyed for AJAX alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| In February, a group of technology vendors, including BEA Systems,
| Google, IBM, and Oracle, formed the OpenAjax Alliance, with the goal
| of promoting the popular AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) Web
| development technique. Since then, more vendors, such as Sun
| Microsystems, have joined, and the alliance has launched its OpenAjax
| Hub project to boost interoperability among AJAX libraries.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20061007/tc_infoworld/82623

Also see news from last week:

OpenAjax Alliance tackles interoperability

,----[ Quote ]
| While the alliance already has an impressive list of members, one
| name remains conspicuously absent: Microsoft.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/macworld/20060920/tc_macworld/openajax20060920

I have been reading about Microsoft's Atlas elsewhere. It appears to be
Internet Explorer/Windows-centric, which could make it "cancer on the Web".