Re: A Message from an Anonymous Observer

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:40:33 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> From: Anonymous (posted with permission)

Getting desperate Roy?

Vista is looming on the horizon Roy and for Linux users, especially
desktop users, it's not a welcome sight.

> "The fact that the trolls are replying to any messages implies it is
> damaging.  I saw how Hadron Quark replied arrogantly to Rex Ballard,
> regarding Microsoft shutting down Byte Magazine by cancelling their ads,
> when subject matter were not according to MS's tastes.

So who else are trolls going to reply to?
And most of the people in here are not trolls anyhow.
They are just people who in many cases use both Linux and Windows and are
simply here to filter out the total bullshit and lies that the Linux
advocates spew.

IOW to bring some reality to this group.

> What Rex said made sense, and he has keen insight into the industry.
> They don't like that, because as I suspected earlier, there are
> Microsoft and related industry paid shills.  The industry is saturated
> with greed, anything that detracts from stock market standings is
> considered an enemy.

Rex is a sharp person, but at the same time he is one of COLA's biggest
nutcases.
Just the fact that you, Roy Schestowich, support Rex Ballard and ignore
his obvious fantasies, shows what kind of person you are and to what
lengths you will go to spew your Linux religion.

If Rex Ballard was spewing the same made up stories but was supporting
Windows, you guys would be all over him and he would be turned into a
laughing stock.
However since he supports Linux, you ignore his fairy tales that are
offered with no proof.

> When Bill Gates wanted to dominate the world, he did just that.  The
> political shennanigans are not imaginary, they are real.  It is no
> mistake of some of these poster's intentions.

Your medication is running low.

> Regarding Larry Qualig, although he was an MS employee in the past,
> still maintains standing with them.  What he says is no mistake.  It
> would not surprise me that he still owns stock in the company.  He still
> may be on MS payroll as a paid consultant.

I used to own stock in Pepsico.
I prefer Coke a Cola.

I'd love to know how many Linux enthusiasts own Microsoft stock.
And FWIW one thing has nothing to to with the other except in the mind of
a crazy Linux zealot.

> Anyway, this is my take on the situation.  I gather that others have
> similar views.  One thing that will topple MS is although there has been
> a worldwide FUD campaign that has delayed Linux deployment for the past
> 10 years, can no longer hold it back.  We see as Governments and private
> institutions implement Linux, news is getting out.  Progression is not
> linear, it is exponential.

The only thing that had delayed Linux's deployment is Linux itself.
And the Linux community has certainly not helped it any with their smug,
superior attitude.

Remember Linux is free.
So what's the problem with Linux replacing Windows on the desktop?

Maybe the reality is that Linux isn't good enough and people are just not
interested.

Judging by the articles in the popular PCMAgs they are interested in Vista
though.
Pages of articles on Vista and it's not even released yet.

But Linux?

Nowhere to be found except in 3rd world countries and geeks desktops.