Re: [News] Vista to take hard stand against piracy

B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 19:05 Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> Its all rather sad. I'm still astonished that he uses University
>> resources to launch his crusade against a major SW company though : god
>> knows how they would react if MS were to hold them, Roy's employer, to
>> blame for the lies and petty malicious gossip his is spreading at a rate
>> of knots.
>
> That's easy - they'd fall about laughing.

I think you might be surprised. In the same way that companies "own the
rights" to anything you dream up while in their employ, the companies
are responsible for anything a worker spews out onto the web using
companies resources.

Universities are not a haven for free speech : in the day and age of
league tables and the need for corporate sponsorship it would be wise
not to put them to the test.

By all means have a strong opinion, but don't lead a witch hunt.

--
linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh@xxxxxxxxxxx put this on Tshirts in '93)