[News] Tesco Pwned by Microsoft?

Tesco.com Shops with Microsoft and Manhattan Associates for New Supply Chain
System

,----[ Quote ]
| Tesco Direct is a new Web site that offers a choice of over 8,000
| non-food lines. Under this initiative, order fulfilment in a new
| operations centre will be managed in-house using Manhattan
| Associates' Warehouse Management and Performance Management
| solutions, supported by Microsoft technology.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/061003/20061003005159.html?.v=1

Also recently:

BBC Looks To Microsoft For Web 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| However, you don't sign deals or commitments if you're a quasi-autonomous
| Public Corporation operating as a public service broadcaster, as the BBC
| is. BBC Director General Mark Thompson met Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates
| in Seattle on Wednesday to sign the non-exclusive memorandum of
| understanding and discuss the BBC's digital strategy.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/28/bbc-microsoft-internet-cx_cn_0928bbc.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/j5pn7

I'd hate to see these companies and bodies run by one of the most corrupt
companies in the world, which also pulls money overseas.