[News] Booting a Wealth of Platforms -- Task Simplified

Boot Linux, BSD, and OS X from Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| "NeoSmart Technologies has just released EasyBCD 1.5, complete
| with support for Vista, Windows NT/2k/XP, and Windows 9x/ME.
| EasyBCD 1.5 adds experimental support for dual-booting any of
| these along with Linux, Mac OS X, or BSD -- straight from the Windows
| Vista bootloader without any additional configuration needed!"
|
| From the article:
|
| "Windows Vista's new bootmanager is a double-edged sword. It's one
| of the most powerful booting scripts in existence, and a far cry from
| the very limiting boot.ini of legacy Windows operating systems. But
| it overwrites the MBR without a second thought, and doesn't provide
| any means for users of alternate operating systems and boot managers
| to use their old system. That's where EasyBCD 1.5 comes in!" EasyBCD
| 1.5 is free.
`----

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/16/1935206&from=rss

./ cited because the site is down (bandwidth quote exceeded/suspended for
/.). I happen to know the developer and it's nice to have something to
mitigate the arrogance of Redmondians.

Vista scoots to new boot, but it's still kinda rooted

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.apcstart.com/site/akidman/2006/09/1656/vista-scoots-to-new-boot-but-its-still-kinda-rooted