Re: [News] Even Young Children Find Linux Easy to Use

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Erik Funkenbusch
<erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:26:12 -0500
<1gx9ej2tkvlid.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:05:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Mandriva One Not the Linux Dinosaur of Old
>>
>> ,----[ Overview ]
>>| I found early versions of Linux weren't very user-friendly, so this
>>| time around, I used my 7-year-old son as my test subject. I gave him a
>>| little lesson on how to use Mandriva One and off he went. On his own, he
>>| was able to boot up the machine and get himself online to his favorite
>>| kid Web sites without any problems at all -- meaning today's Linux has
>>| a short learning curve.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/53627.html
>>
>> I guess this makes some of our resident Wintrolls nothing but toddlers.
>
> Spoken by the resident zygote.

Well, everyone knows that Windows is "innovative", "easy
to use", and "has an attractive graphical user interface".
This is because Microsoft includes a cheap swinging watch
with every box, plus a small book purporting to explain
methods employed by Franz Anton Mesmer.

Contrast this to Linux's "ancient", "ugly", and
"inconsistent" user interface (which is of course
"ancient", "ugly", and "inconsistent" only because the
Wintroolies say so -- the flip side of Aero, basically).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"
A: "Don't do that and you'll be fine."