Re: Same ol' same ol', I see

  • Subject: Re: Same ol' same ol', I see
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:22:53 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:32:57 +0000, wjbell wrote:

> Well well well, I see a lot of the same shit going on here in cola.
> Some new names (or should I say, *nyms*) and some old ones.  What
> happened to the ever-so-vocal Terri
> Porter and Rappy?  Don't see them around...

Terry slipped off the face of the earth.
I think he was ill for a while.

Rappy shows up now and again when he's on the bottle.

> Figures.
>
> And man, has this turned into a [News] feed?  What's with all the
> freakin news?!  If I want Linux news I'll go to dopeylinuxgeek.com and
> read all I want.  I don't need to read it in an advocacy group, kapish?

Roy Shysterwitch has taken over COLA.
Of course the Linux freaks think he is scaring away the trolls, but that's
obviously not the case.
What he is doing is destroying their group and they know it but will never
admit it.

> Anywho.. been busy getting my business off the ground and haven't had
> much time to read this group.  Still seems the same, however;
> "advocates" still can't own up when something is wrong with linux.

That's COLA in a nutshell, emphasis on NUT...

> BTW, I'm currently trying out the latest release of Ubuntu.  Not bad.
> Particularly Freevo with the shoutcast plugin.  It's looking pretty
> sweet.  More review on it later.

Try PCLinuxOS.