Re: Another Ballmer boner

Jesse F. Hughes :
> "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>> at the same time the charter should advise strongly against complaints
>>> about linux.. this is not a group for complaining about linux, but
>>> rather it's promotion.
>>
>> Doesn't the charter say that this newsgroup is for *discussing* Linux
>> and how it compares to other operating systems? If so, then why bury
>> your head in the sand and only discuss one side of the OS (only the
>> good) while pretending the other side doesn't exist?
>
> I hate to say so, but I agree with Larry.
>
> A bunch of guys sitting around agreeing with one another on how great
> Linux is doesn't sound like discussion to me.

Well, A big problem I've found with Linux is it's lack of ability to
completely take over a desktop someone else is using. I mean, if I use
VNC to connect to a Linux box, I should be able to use the screen that
the person sitting at the machine is using shouldn't I? How else am I
going to completely screw him up while he's working other than killing
his X session? Ejecting the cdrom over and over? I mean c'mon, that's
pretty lightweight. ;)

--
Pregnancy -- the worst sexually transmitted disease of them all.

http://www.websterscafe.com