[News] Open Source and Strengthened by Web-based Services

Why Online Ad Models threaten Microsoft Corp?

,----[ Quote ]
| In May of 2006 during its annual MSN Strategic Account Summit,
| Microsoft pitched hard to advertisers. A week earlier Microsoft
| anounced plans to invest roughly $2 billion in its new businesses,
| largely MSN and Windows Live.
|
| [...]
|
| The core reason that has Microsoft worried after seeing the growth and
| product release trajectory of Google and Yahoo! is that both these
| companies could commoditize Microsoft's "only our software (running on our
| OS) for sale" business model. The Open Source movement has already badly
| hurt Microsoft.
`----

http://www.thebizofcoding.com/2006/09/why_online_ad_models_threaten.html

Recent article:

High-tech social enterprise reaps free software's benefits

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/29/1827208&from=rss