Re: [News] Windows EULA Modified - Further Restrictions Added

__/ [ Rick ] on Thursday 12 October 2006 11:51 \__

http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2006/10/11/Important-Windows-Vista-Licensing-Changes.aspx
>> http://tinyurl.com/nemr9
>>

> Home Basic : You MAY NOT use in Virtual PC | Virtual Server |VMWare
> Home Premium: Still no virtual hardware
>
> Home Ultimate: Can use in a virtualized environment, BUT
> Can't use DRM-protected content if Vista Ultimate is the "guest" OS
> Can't use BitLocker if Vista Ultimate is the "guest" OS
>
> If you buy a version of Windows NOT tied to any hardware, how can they
> legally tell you what hardware you can and cannot run on?

I think it's more of a strategic decision. It all revolves around the ability
to control and restrict the market. Take, for example, Web site/pages that
prevent non-IE/Win users from accessing the content. Again, it's about
providing something 'unique' (I can probably back this with a link quoting a
Microsoft developer). It's not as accident; it's a design choice. Let's go
on to discussing the MBR, for example...

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.apcstart.com/site/akidman/2006/09/1656/vista-scoots-to-new-boot-but-its-still-kinda-rooted