Re: [News] Microsoft Awarded Adware Maker

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:19:24 GMT
"Oliver Wong" <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Microsoft getting nuts! Awarding adware makers
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | One week after it named the creator of a Windows Messenger add-on
> > to its | list of Most Valued Professionals (MVPs), Microsoft has
> > revoked the  award
> > | after critics pointed out that the program is used to distribute
> > | adware. Bottom line is, Microsoft is rewarding someone that has an
> > | active involvement with one of the most maligned names in PC
> > hijacking. | How can people trust their Vista security, if they give
> > reward to | malware makers, spammers?
> > `----
> >
> > http://bloggism.net/?p=109
>
>     Isn't it obvious how unfair this criticism of Microsoft is? Some
>     guy
> wrote what seemed like valuable software. Microsoft praised them.
> Turns out  the guy also writes malware. Microsoft chatises them. From
> this, how does  one deduce that "Microsoft rewards malware makers,
> spammers"?
>
>     That's like saying SUSE condones murder, because they use
>     ReiserFS, as
> the creator of ReiserFS is accused of murdering his wife.

Murder and software are not the same thing. If suse was in the business
of public relations, then I suppose murder would have something to do
with suse, but as they are in the business of software authoring and
distribution what hans does to things OTHER than software have little
consideration.

However, if hans wrote malware into reiserfs, then I guess then suse
would bat an eye.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.bsdwarez.net
proud java hacker