Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

  • Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:50:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sean Inglis ] on Wednesday 11 October 2006 15:30 \__

> tjb wrote:
>> Please, for the love of $DEITY, stop.  You have made this group unusable.
>>

> Or, for the love of $DEITY, continue to post. You have steered this
> group on topic from a state of useless decay, and continue to
> effectively advocate Linux.
>

>> I don't want to have to killfile all of your news posts, because I want to
>> read *some* of them.  The problem is simply that you post too many -- far,
>> far too many -- to the extent that the group is flooded.
>>

> There is no way to know which you find useful in advance, and no reason
> to cater to your particular tastes.
>
>> Further, no-one should have to killfile your news posts just to make the
>> group usable.  Unfortunately, this *is* the situation now.
>
> It may be perceived that way by you. Not by me or others.
>

>> Now, some have defended Roy on the grounds that the posts flood out all
>> the
>> FUD and trolling and such.  Well, I can understand this to a point, but
>> then if you really don't want to see all that, then why even visit this
>> group?  And I think that in this respect the flooding hinders more than it
>> helps -- if the group is getting flooded, then when someone searches
>> Google Groups and encounters FUD, they won't see any refutation, because
>> the FUD is a needle in a haystack to regular readers right now (obviously
>> I'm exaggerating, but simply to make a point).
>>

> "the FUD is a needle in a haystack". Excellent.
>
> Your logic in this respect is faulty in the extreme. If you want to
> browse through instance after instance of juvenile fan-boi pissing
> contests, this group is generally of no use to you now.
>
>> Please, please post significantly fewer news posts.
>
> No, please continue. These are small text based on-topic posts with
> appropriate links to further detail.

tjb,

I apologise for that large amount of posts. I really do and I was aware of
this as I went along. This morning I caught up with almost a whole day's
worth and, moreover, I felt like there were a lot of post-worthy articles. I
try not to post to keep up pace, but rather in accordance with relevance and
magnitude. Looking back at my posts, I don't think many can be labeled
redundant. Most of them symbolise great news for Linux and disappointments
for the rivals that suppress Linux. Why there has been so much positive
stuff I don't know. Statistically-speaking, the pace should be pretty
steady. It usually is because I checked this not so long ago. Bear in mind
that this level of Linux exposure was /not/ anywhere near that which you
find at present days (not even 3 months ago). I don't count posts, but it's
intersting to see that, quite possibly, the emergence and rise in volume is
indicative of the fact that more journalists cover Linux, praise it (as
oppose to just ignore or bash it) and rivals at the mean time just move from
one failure to another. All the media manipulation (acquired bias) can no
longer keep Linux in a Pandora box.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
Tasks: 136 total,   1 running, 133 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie