Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

  • Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:33:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hadron Quark wrote:
Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hadron Quark wrote:
Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

tjb wrote:
I wrote:
I don't want to have to killfile all of your news posts, because I want to
read *some* of them.
Just to add that he does post some really good ones.  This is why
I'm so
hesitant on killfiling here.  The problem is the sheer quantity of the
posts.
Buy a clue.  If he cuts down the volume, he may well cut out something
you'd want to see.

I don't killfile any of the news posts, just skim through them to see
if there's anything I want to read, then I mark them all read and they
magically disappear from view.

Takes a couple of minutes at the most.
But of course, if he  posted a SINGLE journal we could mark that as
important and browse that one document at our own leisure and bring up
the articles from that. But of course Mark Kent has managed to fuck up
event that simple concept by including all Roy's post headers and his
inane, misinterpretations of what the article actually says. he even
manages to separate the link from the article title : pure genius.

Well then, don't be such a crybaby, the source is there, available for
everyone.  Make your own "journal" if that's what you want.

Hell, if you knew anything about linux you could even automate it.

Typical Linux view : don't do it right, do it again. And again. And again.

Yes. Choice.

You want one thing, I want something else. the only way for us both to be happy is if there's two different versions.

No, I wont do it : I can for go Roy's links - they are all available on
the originating sites.

Then killfile them and stop whining like a little baby.

Yes, I would appreciate a decent journal - but I certainly wont do one
to repeat Roy's spamming of this NG. If Roy posted a journal there would
be no issue.

Yes there would, because some people want individual messages.