Re: [News] Open Source Beats Proprietary Hands Down!

  • Subject: Re: [News] Open Source Beats Proprietary Hands Down!
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:35:06 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:sk0WtPSznAES5o7ISd06BWNwM+0=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> (yet another review of Web browsers)
>>
>> I contend that this debate is highly relevant to Linux. It
>> demonstartes the fact that proprietary software, Opera included,
>> is simply unable to catch up with Open Source software where an
>> army of volunteers strap plugins onto hooks and patch bugs (as
>> opposed to report some obscure behaviour). It begins with Apache
>> and Firefox and will expand to the Desktop O/S territories. If
>> you do it at the micro level, you can do it at the macro level.
>>

> Roy, I posted a list of relevant items in response to one of cc's trolls
> on this subject.  Suggest you take a peak down it and just list the
> relevant numbers.  There are no problems with your postings being
> on-topic.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...................

What? Oh yes. Where was I?

Ah, yes : Mark, you the most boring imbecile ever to kiss Roy's ass -
and that is some achievement when you consider who you are up
against. However, I must concur that your last sentence is the most
honest and factual you have ever posted. There are, indeed, no problems
with Roys posts being on-topic because they aren't.