[News] Businsses Accept Open Source Software, Permit Employees to Use It

Firefox Wins Popularity Among Business Users

,----[ Quote ]
| 44 percent of businesses with 250 employees or more
| allowed workers to download Mozilla's open-source
| browser at the office.
|
| Last year, only 26 percent of such businesses were
| willing to browse the web with Firefox.
|
| The trend to switch to Firefox may be hastened by
| Microsoft's release of Internet Explorer 7.
`----

http://www.torontodailynews.com/index.php/SciTechNews/2006102105firefox

More companies will also accept, if not encourage, the
use of GNU/Linux by employees. 3 years ago my employer
was not happy when I was about to covert a Windows XP
workstation to Red Hat. A year later Ubuntu took over
a more modern box. The old one was abandoned (filled
with malware) and nobody used it.

Also see:

http://blog.einval.com/debian/misc/LiMux.comments

LiMux - bringing Debian to Munich's local government