Re: Even Microsoft MVPs are succumbing!

  • Subject: Re: Even Microsoft MVPs are succumbing!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:19:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 23 October 2006 13:03 \__

> Gordon wrote:
>
>> Hadron Quark wrote:
>>

>>> Even though I don't think its a troll, the key to your cluelessness is
>>> the word "public".
>>
>> Eh? What's "public" got to do with anything?
>>

> Nothing. Hadron Quark just had to chime in, defending windows no matter
> what

They get paid by the post. Short posts just indicate sloppiness. Maybe we
should drop Microsoft a line to say that Gary, Erik and HQ have been
slacking recently... Microsoft should look at the content of messages rather
than just the total count. They could re-recruit tab and nudds and lower the
per-post wage (or "reward" as they call it).

Some context for the drop-by reader:

,----[ Quote ]
|     "Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using
| online mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues
| of Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins, and it
| was obvious who they were and what they were up to. But their numbers
| and energy (and they way they joined forces with nonaligned dummies who
| liked to pile on) proved too much for IBM marketers, and Windows wont
| he operating-system war through fifth-column tactics"
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers (Shills/Astroturfers) in India

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
| for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
| the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
| in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
| supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
`----

http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/microsoft-traps-and-hunts-for-bloggers.html

Getting Paid To Write A Blog Post - Is This The Future?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.johnchow.com/index.php/getting-pay-to-write-a-blog-post-is-this-the-future/