Re: Gates Foundation for Tax Evasion and Bias (was: Eclipse Gaining Momentum, Adoption Levels Rising)

>> Philanthropy is a code word for tax evasion.
>
> The following was posted last week.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | My background is finance and accounting....
> |
> | However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
> | game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the
> same.
> |
> | THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL
> BE
> | MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.
> `----
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/futurework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03323.html
>
> To Gates and Buffet, it's a win-win situation. Be perceived as generous,
> alter media and politician's tendencies to favour you(r company) and
> retain
> your wealth.
>
> What a sad corrupted world we live in...

I think you are not being very careful about who you associate with, royboy!
Watch out, you might get an infection!  Your cite goes on to say:

"The Gates Foundation and the Catholic Church have the same goals. They are
to keep the legacies for which they were created. For Bill Gates and Warren
Buffet it is the control and legacy of family wealth as in the ancient days
of the Pharos of Egypt. And by not paying any taxes, Gates will be more
powerful than the Pope. I realize that this foundation has done more for
disease research and education than any single government institution. But,
that is just a condemnation of how little rich countries do for the less
fortunate.

AND THE UNITED STATES IS ONE OF THE WORST EXAMPLES OF HOW LITTLE IT DOES
FOR ITS OWN PEOPLE.

The great problems of the world today are a direct result of the wide
disparity between the rich and poor. But, it is hard for the wealthiest to
even look at this as an issue of most importance. Catholic Charities do a
lot for the poor and I am sure that the Gates Foundation will do a lot for
diseases of the poor. But, that is merely a band-aid for one of the
symptoms of poverty. The real issue today is poverty.

The governments that keep their people in abject poverty while their
leaders are obscenely rich from oil revenues cause many of the problems in
the Middle East. But, even the poorest of their people now have access to
satellite TV and Internet information that shows these people how much they
are being exploited. The simple answer that they hate us for our freedom is
absurd. They hate us because they see the wealthy and powerful as the cause
of their suffering. As was the case in Germany in the 1920s, even a
cultured society can succumb to irrationally violent leaders if they are
hungry and poor. It is a human problem that we saw occur in a 1st world
country."

Wow!!!