Re: Ping Roy S: firefox tabbrowser extensions

__/ [ Sandman ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 20:24 \__

> In article <2975116.WjivQFE1Tb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 14:24 \__
>>
>> > Roy,
>> >
>> > You asked some while back about the tabbrowser extensions for Firefox.
>> >
>> > Here is the URL:
>> >
>> > http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/
>> >
>> > It's heavyweight stuff - many people think it should be broken into
>> > smaller pieces, but personally I rather like it the way it is.
>>
>> Ta muchly! The site appears to be down at the moment. No Google cache
>> either. I'll happily replace the two tabbed browsing extension that I have
>> if the one above has multi-row support. Something tells me that Opera had
>> the ability to lay tabs vertically on the side, pretty much like History,
>> but with all pages active in memory (fast), rather than in browser cache
>> (slow).
>
> http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/gallery/
>
> Mac only, though.

Thanks, Sandman. I'm trying to figure out how to use the other one
effectively. It turned out that I forgot to disable other tab browsing
extensions, which collided. I just need to get used to the idea of
hierarchical tabs, other gestures, and pertinent behaviour that can be
tweaked (e.g. open tabs in background, close all tabs below). It seems like
this extension reuses many other Firefox/Mozilla extensions because some
parts of it seem oddly recognisable. It's like the PHP-Nuke of Moz tabs.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - nice Web site by the way. Seen it last month.

--
Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >