Re: [News] New Zealand Adopts Open Source, So Microsoft Bully Attacks

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 17:57 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Microsoft boss slams old boy's network
>>
>> Top Vole comes out biting
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| She said that they are more focused on building silo-type empires
>>| based around ineffective "sticking plaster" technology projects. She told
>>| the nation that embracing effective technology, not simply shaking hands
>>| with it was a more effective way for the country to shake off that
>>| mediocrity.
>>|
>>| She said that Microsoft had the 'ultimate responsibility' to drive
>>| New Zealand's success by helping companies move along.
>>|
>>| "We don't dictate Microsoft-based technology. We recommend that standards
>>| are adhered to so we do have systems that communicate, and we are
>>| continuously developing to help other platforms inter-operate."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34171
>>
>> OMG. Read that last paragraph again.
>
> It is almost beyond the bounds of any credibility, isn't it?  /Other/
> platforms to interoperate?  They interoperate rather well at the moment,
> I think...

This reminds me of the time when Oliver Wong said that DirectX is
'interoperable'. It works on Windows and XBox *gasp* . He later said it was
sarcasm, indicated by the scare quotes. While it may seem sarcastic,
Microsoft continues to use these lies, arguing that its dream of having a
purely Windows world (the Grant Monopoly) would solve all the business
world's problems. Never mind SPAM and viruses which would percolate even
more effectively, owing to complete monoculture based upon buggy
closed-source code.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
Swap:  1036184k total,   495988k used,   540196k free,    56852k cached