Re: [News] Corporations That Don't Give Platform Freedom

On 2006-09-06, Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ray Ingles <sorceror@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On 2006-09-05, Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Tajke it with a pinch of salt. And the COLA gang never resort to insults
>>> do they? Or killfiling people that dare disagree.
>>
>>  Ah, yes, that monolithic hive-mind, the "COLA gang".
>
> You're an intelliegnet enough guy it seems. And yet you maintain that
> you dont see the GANG mentality? The post bumpings? The ass kissing?

 Nah. Some people are chummy but that's not the same as "ass kissing".

> Just follow Roytoy's NEWS posts and check out the
> ecstatics Mark Kent gets into. Its unhealthy.

 Hey, Roy tends to report good news. Why not be happy? Do you consider
my occasional followups to be "ass kissing"? And if not, why lump *me*
in with those you dislike?

>>  I'll say this - I really haven't seen the cola regulars *initiate*
>> insults on anything like a regular basis. It took a *long* time before
>
> No? because they bitch about their adversary being a "wintroll" and then
> killfile (or pretend to killfile).

 Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
Are you going to deny that there *aren't* constant and transparent
wintrolls on this group?

>> was even snippy with billwg. Some *respond* with insults (I avoid that -
>> pointless) but I don't see them *starting* it.
>
> billwg is never rude : normally very polite.

 He's not generally *coarse*, I agree. However:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/10c725611f945a6e
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d1c9858df3d93b45
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d3a9aa3a8f65a1ce
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2d731e60c1b9fa15

 Aside from his choice of words, you really claim not to notice his
snide, contemptuous tone? Are you really going to call that "polite"?

> So that should be a lot of the COLA gang then : because they will not
> face up to honest, practical criticism of their beloved OS.

 See my .sig. Why do you want to respond on that level?

>> etc. DFS gets a special place in the killfile because he's dishonest
>> *and* a racist.
>
> Cant say I noticed.

 Google for DFS on "soc.culture.african.american". He's either genuinely
stupid enough to be a racist shmuck like that, or else he just gets his
kicks by irritating people.

> AND [flatfish] is right 99% of the time in regard to his comments IMO.

 Really? Perhaps I only see the bad 1% (I rarely read his stuff; very
little of it gets through the killfile).

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                         (313) 227-2317

 "There is no cause so noble that it will not attract some kooks."
                         - Larry Niven