Re: Google default for IE7 ??

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 03:20 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 03:15 \__

>>>And once again, one may ask /why/?
>>>
>>>In what way, has Firefox done any damage to any paid Microsoft product?
>>>   None!  Not one dime has been extracted from the M$ revenue stream due
>>>to Firefox.   Zilch.  Not one thin dime.   Nossir.  Not a nickel.  Yea,
>>>a farthing.
>>

>> Bull. For starters, many users were no longer channelled to the MSN
>> portal. That's just for starters. With applications, people can be
>> controlled. Without competing applications, competition is outmuscled.
>> Mozilla has a lot of spending money to continue to develop and expand. It
>> earned a lot of that money from Google.
>>

>>>They haven't even gone Netscape and tried to make the Browser=The Desktop!
>>

>> I should point out that the "Bull" was a friendly one. *smile*
>
> No problem...you're answers justified your insolence as they are
> correct.   I forgot that the browser is the portal to so many paid
> services.
>
> I guess you would say though, rather than Firefox /cutting/ into M$
> revenue, it prevented them from erecting a new tollbooth.

Don't forget that IE developers are requested by management to corrupt Web
standards so that people will be forced to use IE to enter the Web (i.e.
buy-bye Open Source). With diversity in the market, Microsoft is unable to
do so. Still, an IE7 developer called the management "unethical shitheads"
and said that IE7 is /still/ standards-incompatible, because of them.
Microsoft is a bully. Never ever give it the benefit of the doubt. History
says you must not.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
  3:20am  up 47 days 15:32,  8 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.53, 0.55