Re: [News Digest] 01/09/06 24 hrs

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:21 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:03 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of them myself, but it does provide a
>>> handy summary, I suppose.

>>> Fair enough - thanks for taking the time.
>>
>> HQ said he likes it. He plays reverse psychology. If they hate, it's good.
>> Thus, if they argue they like it, it would be perceived as bad. They try
>> to give you the illusion that you give them a service, a pleasure.
>
> If he likes it, that's fine by me.  If he doesn't, it's also fine.  I
> don't think he'd really considered the implications when he first asked
> for it...

Oops. I forgot to add something indicative of sarcasm. It was perhaps
long-winded or vague, so the sarcasm was badly placed.

>> At the same time, they try to eliminate what upsets them more: a multitude
>> of threads with distinct subject lines (page titles). These change the
>> 'flavour' of COLA's archives, which are accessed by curious Web
>> (re)searchers. And as long as Google serves as the gateway to information,
>> Microsoft is shivering in its boots.
>
> Oh no, that's not going away, we need that very much.

I only wish they stopped selling 'linux' SERP's to Microsoft. Too many people
are channelled to the anti-Linux crusade because Microsoft pays Google.

>> Just my opinion...
>>

> At least it's on topic :-)

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
roy      pts/3                         Tue Sep  5 13:22 - 13:39  (00:17)