Re: [News] No Choice in Vista, Music Mandatory

Roy S wrote:

>__/ [ Bruce Scott TOK ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 19:50 \__

>> Does Robert Fripp stand to get anything out of such an honor?
>> Does he think it is an honor?
>> Was he asked about it?
>>
>> :-)
>
>Microsoft made a very big deal about it (at the time). They said they would
>get some super-duper composer to handle sounds in Longhorn. I wrote a little
>bit about it in:
>
>http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/03/06/monoculture-survival/
>
>,----[ Snippet ]
>| Microsoft employ a famous composer to work on sounds in Vista. Judging
>| by what the O/S has to offer and rave about, Microsoft could take the
>| easier route and just go with Mozart?s Requiem. It may soon be "Hasta la
>| Vista".
>`----
>
>It's sad when an O/S needs to have a whole Hollywood-like cast to make a POS
>look like something of value. As Elaine from Seinfeld said, "it's a
>big-budget movie with a stroy that goes _nowhere_".

This is a bit like when the first of the recent wave of spoiled meat
scandals hit Bavaria (a recurring theme for the last 2-3 years).  The
spokesman came on the radio to answer questions about what the
provincial government was to do about it.  He swooned about the (some
tens of... I forget the exact number) millions they decided to spend on
commercials and other public relations telling people about their slick
new security system.  And now, again, this week another installment on
the scandal broke, as tons and tons of meat some of which 3 years past
sell-by were discovered before they were to his the shelves.  But of
course the stuff they don't discover is greater.

Sort of like Microsoft and Malware.

--
ciao,
Bruce