Re: [News] No Choice in Vista, Music Mandatory

__/ [ Bruce Scott TOK ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 19:50 \__

>>Vista start-up music compulsory
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| The almighty Microsoft has decided that guitarist Robert Fripp?s work on
>>| the opening tune for Vista is so good, it will be compulsory and won't
>>| be able to be switched off.
>
> Does Robert Fripp stand to get anything out of such an honor?
> Does he think it is an honor?
> Was he asked about it?
>
> :-)

Microsoft made a very big deal about it (at the time). They said they would
get some super-duper composer to handle sounds in Longhorn. I wrote a little
bit about it in:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/03/06/monoculture-survival/

,----[ Snippet ]
| Microsoft employ a famous composer to work on sounds in Vista. Judging
| by what the O/S has to offer and rave about, Microsoft could take the
| easier route and just go with Mozart?s Requiem. It may soon be "Hasta la
| Vista".
`----

It's sad when an O/S needs to have a whole Hollywood-like cast to make a POS
look like something of value. As Elaine from Seinfeld said, "it's a
big-budget movie with a stroy that goes _nowhere_".

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom