Re: [News] Could Microsoft Ruin Xen for Linux?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I mentioned an article where XenSource says it's VMWare bias for self
> defence (much like the Red Hat-Novell mindgame over Xen readiness).
> Regardless:
>
> Microsoft and XenSource is a one-way street
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Brian Byun of VMware talks about the implications of the
> | Microsoft-XenSource link-up for virtual computing
> `----
>
> http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/other/0,39020682,39282105,00.htm
>
> in older news:
>
> XenSource Opens Seattle-Area Development Office
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The new office will focus on joint technology and market development for
> | the support of high-performance Linux virtual environments on the next
> | version of Windows Server System, as well as the development of
> | additional, non-GPL-based products and solutions that extend the
> | virtualization capabilities of XenSource's XenEnterprise(TM)
> | virtualization platform. The Redmond team will also focus on thep
> | erformance and manageability of Windows virtual machines on
> | XenEnterprise.
> `----
>
> http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/it/2006/08/28/1834649.htm

I bet unknown to the xen team, it is the exact reverse
that micoshaft is actually engineering under their very own brown noses.

Micoshaft is getting under the skin
of virtualization to eliminate any useful product
functionality gained through total virtualization under Linux
environment. For example, I can run 5 virtual PCs under windopes 9x, may be,
but expee, its a lot harder work as a lot of spoilers have gone in.
I bet vista crap will have ever more numbers of spoilers.

Some things are fast enough now to just fit a raw image
and let the user max out the screen to use windopes,
whilst fundamentally remaining a Linux user.
Its a lot safer for the users to be using their computer
in this manner as well as allow an admin to recover
from broken OS in next to no time.
For remote users, putting several virtual PCs onto
a fast machine saves space, power and wasted resources.

I think any attempts to interfere with
Linux virtualization of windopes is another anti-trust issue.

Through virtualization, I can have several Linuxes running in a
single box and I can be content there are no intentional spoilers
eliminating any kind of functionality.