Re: Pre-installed Windows "worth" $120?

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 14:00 \__

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_frm/thread/b7fc5989869233c2/e9074d52774cb88b#e9074d52774cb88b

> Comment:
>
> ``I was watching one of Alex Jones' movies yesterday : "Police State 3 :
> The Takeover". He mentioned that laws have been passed which declare
> computer hackers to be terrorists. If that's the case, what would happen if
> the government decided that Linux is a tool of hackers? Would that turn
> Linux into a terrorist tool? Would that result in people who use Linux
> being arrested for terrorism?''
>
> Isn't Windwos already available for use for terrorist activities: pay up[1]
> or we'll DDoS your site using Windwos Zombies?
>
> [1] With money, or whatever they choose...

Could McAfee have taken a gentle first step? At the time, their accusations
were said to be destined to become FUD ammunition for Microsoft and Co. In
France, backward-engineering is already a severe violtion of law -- a crime.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
roy      pts/1                         Fri Sep  1 16:58   still logged in