Re: [News] Microsoft Coupon Settlements? Not in Brussels

On or about 2006-09-17 Sunday 13:17, I did witness the following events
concerning Mark Kent:

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/15092006/323/eu-rules-friendly-settlement-microsoft-standoff.html

>>> EU is sticking to its guns and not backing down to big business for this
>>> infraction, which is admirable.
>>
>> I think you've got that back-to-front. Surely it's more indicative of
>> what a sorry excuse for a legal system the U.S. has, than a reflection
>> on the E.U.'s doggedness.
>>
>> The E.U. has made a ruling, and demand that the guilty party abides by
>> that ruling. This is no more or less of an expectation than any legal
>> system should have.
>>

> I'd have to take Homer's view here, that this is precisely what
> Government should do.  Worse, MS has already started using the same
> tactics it's fine-honed in the US, by corrupting politicians to FUD the
> Government's position, some UK MEPs were recently arguing that making MS
> abide by competition rules would somehow /negatively/ affect the
> competitiveness of European companies!  I know politicians make careers
> from what is essentially being disingenuous, but even so, this seems to
> be so overt, I'd be amazed if anyone would fall for it.

Too fucking right Europe should demand CASHMONEY, *NOT* COUPONS!

Look at it this way: the EU /fined/ Microsoft a sum of /money/. They EXPECT
money. Mickey mouse coupons for even more crapware is NO GOOD HERE.

As for the MEP thing... what utter bollocks, they're being fed fertiliser by
the shovelful and loving it. The only thing being harmed by the competition
rules is microsoft's bottom line.
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.